Saturday, July 2, 2011

Skinnier pina colada


" I need to start drinking more Pina Coladas."
That's nice mom, but I'm not sure that's a real good idea.  Unless you're prepared to fast and do endless cardio, making a habit of Pina Coladas will likely result in wearing muumus.....alone with your coconutty pineapple heaven in a glass. 
But they are so good!  If only you didn't feel like you just ate a huge ice cream sundae after drinking one.  I think I've come up with something that will allow us to enjoy a Pina Colada without having to shop for muumus.

Skinnier Pina Colada

1 oz gold rum 
1 oz pineapple infused vodka*
1 oz coconut water (below is a picture of my favorite)
splash of light coconut milk (shake the can before you open it)
squirt of agave or honey......make it as sweet as you want.  I like it stiff so a squirt is enough

Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake vigorously, playing island inspired music will help with this step. Strain into an ice filled glass.
I suppose you could blend this all up to if you like a frozen drink.  I, personally, would hate to dilute it too much or make it too hard to drink.


Pineapple infused vodka
Choose you favorite vodka (I like Titos and Prairie)
Fresh pineapple cut into pieces small enough to fit in the top of your vessel of choice
a jar, bottle with a larger opening, something glass to put this all in

Add cut pineapple to vodka in your jar or bottle and let sit in the refrigerator for a least three days, the longer the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment