Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hard lemonade

Now that summer is in full swing, it's time for lightening bugs, picnics, and lemonade.  I tend to find that lemonade without a substantial amount of liquor however, is just a waste of calories.  Getting chewed up by mosquitoes seems to be much more fun when cocktails are involved.  While there are bottled and canned versions of "hard lemonade" in stores, I don't care for those.  I prefer to go the extra mile and use quality ingredients to make a good strong, refreshing drink that will sharpen my Miyagi skills should I want to fill a jar with lightening bugs, or lessen the pain should I happened to step on a shard of hot coal while grilling, bare foot.  Happy 4th of July!

Hard Lemonade

1 oz. vodka
1 oz. gin
1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 T. sweetener of choice, or more if you want.....(agave, simple syrup, honey, etc.)
club soda
ice

Combine vodka, gin, lemon juice, sweetener, and ice in a cocktail shaker.  Shake vigorously until your arms hurt.  Pour into a ice filled glass and top with club soda.  Drink.



*please drink responsibly.  Avoid mobile phones, hot coals, and most of all motor vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment